Role of women in Islamic Religion
In the present context, the honor, dignity and rights of women in Islam are very important in Islam. In order to destroy the Muslim Ummah permanently, some of the issues have taken the anti-Islamist powers forward, Most notable among them are the rights of women or women’s independence.
Let us know about Islam’s view of women’s rights or women’s independence.
Islam to establish rights of women:
Before coming to Islam, the Ayyam did not have the right to live up to the point of giving social status to women in Jahiliyya. With the hearing of the birth of a daughter, all the faces were blackened. All of them were busy making her live in the living ground, It was considered to be a respect, dignity and a virtue for the girl to implant alive on the ground. It has been said in the Holy Quran in سورة النحل.
|وَإِذَا بُشِّرَ أَحَدُهُمْ بِالأُنثَى ظَلَّ وَجْهُهُ مُسْوَدًّا وَهُوَ كَظِيمٌ|
|يَتَوَارَى مِنَ الْقَوْمِ مِن سُوءِ مَا بُشِّرَ بِهِ أَيُمْسِكُهُ عَلَى هُونٍ أَمْ يَدُسُّهُ فِي التُّرَابِ أَلاَ سَاء مَا يَحْكُمُونَ|
Islam to protect daughter’s rights and dignity:
Allah will determine whether the child will be a boy or a girl, Allah Almighty himself. He gives the child of a particular sex to whom he wants. Someone has again raised a child. Thus, the parents of the child’s daughter are entitled to the unimaginable dignity compared to the children. And daughters can also be the greatest child of children.
Allah said that,
- لِلَّهِ مُلْكُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ يَخْلُقُ مَا يَشَاءُ يَهَبُ لِمَنْ يَشَاءُ إِنَاثًا وَيَهَبُ لِمَنْ يَشَاءُ الذُّكُورَ.
- أَوْ يُزَوِّجُهُمْ ذُكْرَانًا وَإِنَاثًا وَيَجْعَلُ مَنْ يَشَاءُ عَقِيمًا إِنَّهُ عَلِيمٌ قَدِيرٌ.
Speech of Hadith:
- ‘Ibn’ Abbas said. Be explained, Prophet Mohammad (SM) Said that, The person who has a daughter, she did not despise him, did not get humiliated and did not give the boy a bad name. Allah will enter him into Paradise. (Sunan Abu Daud).
- Anas Ibn Malik Be described, he said, The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: The person who raises two daughters until adulthood, he will be with me on the Day of Resurrection. (Sahih Muslim).
- Uqbah ibn Amir said, I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: he says; The person who has three daughters, then he takes patience with them, And feeding them with their own resources, On the Day of Resurrection, he will be released from hell for those daughters. (Sunan Ibn Majah).
Islam has declared equal rights in men and women:
Establishing the rights of women’s birth in human society, After ensuring the rights and dignity of the girl child, Islam has declared equal number of men and women in terms of respect and dignity. The male and female are born equal to Allah, and the woman declared a parallel to the woman in respect of honor and dignity.
Allah said that,
- يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ اتَّقُوا رَبَّكُمُ الَّذِي خَلَقَكُمْ مِنْ نَفْسٍ وَاحِدَةٍ وَخَلَقَ مِنْهَا زَوْجَهَا وَبَثَّ مِنْهُمَا رِجَالًا كَثِيرًا وَنِسَاءً وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ الَّذِي تَسَاءَلُونَ بِهِ وَالْأَرْحَامَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلَيْكُمْ رَقِيبًا. (Surah Nisa)
Islam to establish women’s dignity as wife:
Both men and women received fullness through both of them after suffering. But it did not do any way, so Islam gave a beautiful law like(Like a wedding) this. And this marriage actually basically benefits Islam women. A top peak of honor and dignity has been given. It has been said about marriage,
- قُلْ لَا أَمْلِكُ لِنَفْسِي نَفْعًا وَلَا ضَرًّا إِلَّا مَا شَاءَ اللَّهُ وَلَوْ كُنْتُ أَعْلَمُ الْغَيْبَ لَاسْتَكْثَرْتُ مِنَ الْخَيْرِ وَمَا مَسَّنِيَ السُّوءُ إِنْ أَنَا إِلَّا نَذِيرٌ وَبَشِيرٌ لِقَوْمٍ يُؤْمِنُونَ
- ‘He is the One who created you from a person, and made from him his maiden, so that she might feel secure with him. (Surah Araf).
Islam has established women’s status in old age:
The responsibility of women in old age has been entrusted to children. Allah said that,
- (Surah Ankaboot).وَوَصَّيْنَا الْإِنسَانَ بِوَالِدَيْهِ حُسْنًا وَإِن جَاهَدَاكَ لِتُشْرِكَ بِي مَا لَيْسَ لَكَ بِهِ عِلْمٌ فَلَا تُطِعْهُمَا إِلَيَّ مَرْجِعُكُمْ فَأُنَبِّئُكُم بِمَا كُنتُمْ تَعْمَلُونَ
- And I have instructed people to be kind to their parents. (Surah Ankaboot)
- (Surah al-Isra’il).وَاخْفِضْ لَهُمَا جَنَاحَ الذُّلِّ مِنَ الرَّحْمَةِ وَقُلْ رَبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا
- Be kind and humble in front of them with kindness and gentleness and say, “O my Lord! Please be kind to them, as they cared about me with kindness, compassion, compassion, and childhood.(Surah al-Isra’il).
Honor and dignity of women in Islamic society:
Torture of women worldwide is a problem. But in all these discussions, it is presented in such a way that it is only a problem in the Muslim world and because of its all-time accountability, Islam is blamed. There are many misconceptions about women’s rights and dignity in Islam in the society. Such as:
- Islam gave men the right to torture women.
- Women do not have the right to participate in education, politics or economic activities.
- Women have no right to express their opinion in any matter.
- The woman has no right to choose or divorce.
- The main purpose of hijab or screening is to block women.
- Hilla married, illegal fatwa of Mollah, Honor Killing etc. Islam approved.
But surprisingly, there is no distant connection to Islam with any campaign above. Fourteen hundred years ago Islam has banned all types of female torture. With due respect, the women’s clear social, economic and political rights are ensured. However, in the absence of all the worldwide Islamic states, women are deprived of all rights granted by their God. Islam has given due respect to the role of women.
Respect and dignity:
In capitalist society, women’s physical beauty and financial status are basically the measure of respect and dignity of women. And in the Islamic society, the measure of respect and dignity of women is its god fear or piety. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “Everything in this world is valuable. But the most valuable is a righteous woman.(Muslim)
Capitalist society has not given any respect and dignity to women’s motherhood. And Islam has made women as the mother most respected. The Prophet (SM) said, “Paradise of the child under the feet of his mother.”.
The capitalist society system hated the important work of women’s housework. Islam has directed women to perform important duties of the household. Basically this is the basic and main task of a woman. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “You (women) take care of your children in the house, and this is the jihad for you.” (Musnad Ahmad).
Respect as wife:
Islam also gives women full respect and dignity. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “The person who is better among you is better with his wife.I am the best of my wife.(Tirmidhi)
Honor of daughter:
In modern-day controlled capitalism, the girl is still unconscious. However, Islam has regarded child rearing as a good act as a worship. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “The person who has a daughter has a child and teaches him the best, the Paradise becomes justified for him.”
Honor of women at all levels:
Islam encourages people of all levels of society to treat women with respectable behavior. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “Only honored people treat to honor women. And those who disrespect them, their behavior towards women is disrespectful. (Tirmidhi)
How many women have rights in different religions:
- In Hinduism,the nation has also been called dead from death, hell, serpent, seed and fire. Apart from the husband, no separate existence of women is recognized. For this reason, when the husband dies, the wife has been told to compel her to go with her husband.
- In the Christian religion, the nation has been termed as the subject of extreme laceration. According to St. Tartulius, Christian pastor, women are more dangerous than wild animals. Another priest, St Crian, compared the woman with a poisonous snake and asked to move away from her.
- In Judaism,the woman is said to be a deceiver for men.
- It is thought to be unfortunate to have a daughter born in According to them, women have no rights.
In other religions than Islam, the nation has been referred to as a sinner. They were not accepted as human beings. They used to count women only as a product of pleasure.
In Islam, step by step, the nation has secured security, respect and dignity in every aspect of their life. The woman has spoken harsh warnings for the killers of the child. Allah said that, وَإِذَا الْمَوْءُودَةُ سُئِلَتْ. بِأَيِّ ذَنْبٍ قُتِلَتْ (Surah Taqair).